When you activate a Shopify or WooCommerce store integration, Swivt will begin synchronising product stock levels, new products, sales and shipments. This article provides further information about how products synchronisation occurs.
Products are imported from Shopify and WooCommerce stores to Swivt:
- Manually by initiating a Fetch Products task from an integration's settings.
- Automatically while a store integration is activated and a new product is created in that store.
When a product is imported, Swivt will take one of three actions (in this order):
- If the store product is already linked to a Swivt product then a link already exists and no action will be taken and no changes made.
- If a Swivt product with the same SKU does exist then a link will be created between the Swivt and store product. This allows a single Swivt product to be linked to products from one or more stores.
- If a Swivt product with the same SKU does not exist then the product will first be created in Swivt, and then a link will be created between the Swivt and store product.
When a Swivt product is created based upon an online store product, the following fields will be imported from store values.
- Name: Name of the store product.
- SKU: SKU of the store product. Sometimes products in Shopify and WooCommerce don't have a SKU so a random one is generated.
- Price: A SELL price will be created with the regular price of the store product.
- Size: Width, height, length and weight of the store product.
- Description: Description of the store product. Please note that rich formatting is not supported.
After a product has been linked, further changes or deletions of the product - either in your store or Swivt - will not be synchronised. Fields such as SKU and name can be changed and the products will remain linked. Only deleting a product will remove a link.